Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Calling all decorators! Opinions Please!

I- with my amazing team of Mom, Chris and Chris' Mom- have been slowly getting the nursery ready for our early December arrival. Chris put the crib and changing table together the night they arrived-what a good daddy! And of course Mom sewed the adorable window valance. The plan to finish off the room is a wall mural of a tree and birdies (similar to bedding) next to the changing table, and name letters above the crib with birdies painted above them. Chris' mom is re-covering a used glider I got with cream chenille fabric and also making a very cute matching quilt. Other than that I only have one thing I can't decide on and I am hoping for some opinion...

I painted the big hutch a while back and I love the funky orange/distressed color. There is also a smaller one in the same finish on the other side of the room. I really want to use these for storage in the nursery, but I can't decide if the color works or clashes (there is some orange in the bedding and I could include it in the mural). If I repainted them it would be a dark espresso to match the furniture. I need others opinion- like Emily the queen of decor- before I hastily change them.

p.s. I honestly have way too much to do right now and can't believe I am even worrying about a nursery that isn't going to be used for 4 more months....chalk it up to hormones like everything else!





7 comments:

Mom/Linda said...

I think you are looking at everything too close. When you look at the photos, you get an overall look and I think it all works. But I am anxious to hear what others think...

Tenille Gates said...

Personally, i think it will flow a little better if the hutch was the same color as the crib..but the room will be adorable either way :0)

Eliza said...

I'm lazy and wouldn't repaint anything... but that's just how I roll. Everything looks adorable I can't wait to see pictures of it when it's finished!!

emily w. said...

I'm with Tenille, I would paint it. But I don't think I would try to match the brown of the other wood. Since that's all nice finished wood I would keep this piece a funkier, distressed painted look. I think a cream that is distressed would look good. You don't want to be too matchy matchy.

It all looks really cute. I wish I could see it in person. I can't wait to see pictures of the mural.

Bacon said...

I agree with your mom. The pictures look great and the cabinet is very cute.

Also remember that this nursery is a very temporary thing. In 2-3 years you are going to be redoing it anyway to suit your new toddler. You'll want to do something different for your next baby. That cabinet might be used somewhere else. If you like it orange, keep it orange.

Taylors said...

I say leave it! I lean towards the eclectic look anyways. Either way the room is looking soooooo cute.

Candice Lynn said...

I am with Emily.