Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Week in Review

I feel, much like my mom said in her blog, that I really have not had anything exciting to blog about. But...I am bored so I thought I would just update everyone on the significant, and insignificant, events in our lives lately.

1. We are moving sometime next week into our new house-YAY!

2. I seriously am obsessed with HGTV. And I have spent the last few nights literally tossing and turning because I can not decide where to arrange furniture in our new house, what paint colors to use, whether to do crown molding or a chair rail in the office (or both), etc. My mind will not stop dwelling on these things; and watching hour upon hour of Design on a Dime, Divine Design, Rate My Space and Deserving Design is not helping much!

3. Chris and I are really into Diet Barq's root beer right now.

4. I have been hired to design a young woman's tattoo. I've never done this before, but it sounds interesting and they're paying me good, so hey! I will give further details and post pics in the days to come.

5. Jackson and Brother are really excited to get their own yard soon! They talk about it all the time.

9 comments:

emily w. said...

I'm so excited for you guys. It is so much fun moving into a first home and realizing that it's all yours and you can do WHATEVER you want to it.

My only (unsolicited) advice is to not feel pressured to get it all done right away. I've done that before and later wished that I had taken a little more time and done things exactly how I wanted rather than settling to just "get it done."

I wish I were there to help you paint or something. Make sure you take pictures of the entire process and post them to your blog!!!

Laura Swenson said...

I am very anxious to see pictures of your new home. I wouldn't be much help, but would offer to do anything if I were there. I know you will do a wonderful job decorating your new space.

Let us hear again soon.

Carl said...

Clare,

Tell me it's not a tramp stamp.

Mom/Linda said...

I am also guilty of an HGTV addiction. Just remember Emily's advice--it doesn't all have to be finished the first week. Enjoy the process and take your time so that you don't drive yourself crazy. I am very anxious to see the tatoo design. Be sure to think about how your design will look when she is old and saggy. Maybe a redwood tree that becomes a weeping willow over time? This is an outlet for your talents that we never considered.

Eliza said...

I had to read the tatoo bit like four times because when I saw the words "young woman's" tatoo. I kept thinking of the YW program at church. I couldn't believe that they wanted an official tatoo it made no sense to me.

Good luck the house. I'm really happy for you, Chris, Brother and Jackson. You guys will have so much fun in your own place.

Unknown said...

My advise is dont put things off too long. Needless to say four years later we are still "fixing things up". If time and money are not a issue "Git Er Done". Good luck with the move I want to plan a trip soon so I can help.
Sarah

Unknown said...

I too was a little confused as to why the "young womans" wanted a tatoo designed! Am I dense?

Taylors said...

Have you moved in yet I want to see lots of pictures. You need to do a blog so we can all see what your house looks like. I want to come soon! P.S. I finally posted!

Laura Swenson said...

We want to see your new digs!