Monday, April 27, 2009

Blog for Blog's Sake

My Mom has expressed her frustration over the fact that none of us blog much anymore. In my defense, here are my reasons for falling off the wagon:

1. Only like 5 people ever read this blog and most of those are family so it makes me feel nerdy and desperate.
2. I am not witty or a fabulous story-teller like my sisters and Mom are so I don't think anyone's missing much.
3. I haven't had much news.

Well- if you read my Mom's blog you would know that #3 on that list is not entirely true anymore. We've just recieved the biggest news yet: We are having a baby! I know some say it is a faux-pas to reveal a pregnancy when you are still in the first trimester due to high risk of loss- but when you have waited, tried and prayed for something for almost 2 years it is way too exciting to keep quiet. Chris and I are obviously very happy. We have a Dr's appointment this Wed. and they will do an ultrasound to reveal a viable baby with a heartbeat, and determine a due date! I am about 8-9 weeks along so we're thinking early Dec.

So far being pregnant has changed our lives in some ways:
I am queesy/sick 24 hours a day which is fun-not to mention getting a cold on top of that. All I ever want to eat is cheesy or greasy food and fruit. I am OBSESSESED with all things baby and luckily there is a 4 hour block of A Baby Story, Bringing Home Baby, and Birth Day on TLC everyday for me to enjoy (My sister-in-law Heather just passed on 4 new pregnancy books to me- and one of them has some very detailed delivery photos...yikes!) Chris has been so sweet- running to Jamba Juice for me when all I can attempt to eat is a smoothie, letting me take several days off work without feeling guilty, and putting up with my whining. He is going to be a great Dad. Well that is it for now...keep you posted (all 5 of you).

Clare

6 comments:

Mom/Linda said...

Thank you. The dog video was entertaining the first twenty or thirty times, but...

Now keep up the good work! You need to set a good example for your posterity.

Laura Swenson said...

Congrats! What can we get for you???

emily w. said...

Welcome back Clare.

I'm so happy for you and Chris. You guys are going to be such fabulous parents. And I can totally relate to the weird pregnancy cravings/things that make you sick. I remember that the whole time I was pregnant with Liv I couldn't walk into a Chipotle. Sometimes just the sight of it made me want to throw up. We all know I got over that :)

Let us know how the ultrasound goes. You'll have to post pictures.

Taylors said...

Good to hear from you! I too have had a thing for smoothies they are good when nothing sounds good, also yogurt. I love to watch the four hour block of baby programing on TLC almost every day. Ashton told me what a placenta was and correctly the other day while we were at Target. Perhaps I am watching a little too much. We are sooooooo excited for you guys!

Stake Camp Directors said...

Glad to be one of the top five to say how excited I am for your little one. You will be amazing parents. I have to agree with your mom, after seeing the dog when I do my weekly blog-checking I don't really like the dog so much anymore. Please forgive me!

The Panero Family said...

Hey I look forward to your blog posts just as much as your mom and I am certainly not family. Please write about anything to help me pass the time- Nicole U