Thursday, April 17, 2008

Crock Pottin'


So yesterday I used my crock pot for the first time!!! We are trying to save extra money for a house soon and have been pinchin' pennies anywhere possible. Mom suggested I use the crock pot more often because it will allow us to eat home more, even with our very different and hectic schedules. I made herbed chicken and potatoes in a cream sauce; sort of turned into a stew. I had to half the recipe, but being blonde I forgot to half the cooking time as well; so it was a little mushy. But it was still quite tasty and we have leftovers for lunch today. I am excited to try another attempt tomorrow and I think I will do pulled pork. But I am hoping that you all will submit any good recipes you have in your back pocket. We need easy, tasty and cheap! THANKS!

P.S. I also spent the last 2 days painting the cutest bathroom in a "Curious George Bubbles" motif-soooo cute-and this weekend am doing a little boys room in a "Vintage Baseball" theme. I will post pics as soon as I can borrow a camera.

7 comments:

Carl said...

Hey Clare,

Give Heather a call. She has lots of good crock pot recipes that we eat all the time.

Eliza said...

Clare you MUST find a camera and take pictures of your newest home paintings. I can't wait to see them.

Stake Camp Directors said...

Clare, you can get a first time homebuyer loan with no money down. You can keep saving though for all the stuff you need to buy once you get the house. I think you should look in our ward. I showed two darling houses. Candice says thanks for subbing on Sunday. I also have my favorite crock pot recipe. It looks like vomit but it is sooo tasty. It is chicken breasts, cream cheese, butter and italian dressing. Throw it in and serve it over pasta! Linda Urmston

Unknown said...

I want to start using my crock pot more as well. I do pulled pork a lot. It is so easy just a pork loin covered in your favorite bbq sauce then thinned out with some chicken broth. It's good with cole slaw right on the bun. I copied doing it this way from Emily. Bon appetite!

Mom/Linda said...

I already sent you my recipes--glad you're trying them! Come by and get my camera this weekend and take pictures of your projects. I really want to see the final results.

Stake Camp Directors said...

I forgot to tell you thatMiss Grace (one of your little activity day girls) bequeathed on us,the orange cookie creation. Melanie was soo excited! So know that all the work brought a bit of joy to some cute little girls.

emily w. said...

A super easy one is to throw in some frozen chicken breasts, cover with salsa and a little water and set it on low all day. Shred it up and you've got chicken tacos.

If you try any more good ones make sure to share. I love new crock pot recipes. I'll have to try Linda's "vomit" one.