Friday, April 25, 2008

We Are Almost Homeowners!!!


We have put in an offer for our dream house (pictured above) and the owner approved the offer. This is a "short sale" which means that the seller's lending bank has final approval on the offer (as they are absorbing a loss in the loan-basically a forclosure), so it may be a while until we seal the deal. But for now we are in escrow. The house is amazing, with lots of tile, space and style. The backyard is fully landscaped and has a covered patio with vines and gardens, and it is just down the street from Mom and Dad on Renfro. We are so excited and hope you all will hope and pray that this pans out for us.

6 comments:

emily w. said...

That is so exciting! I didn't realize you guys were seriously looking. I know exactly which houses those are and they are so cute. I hope it all works out. I think w/ the market in the tank that you guys are in such a great position as first-time buyers.

Maybe when we come this summer I can help you paint and decorate!

Mom/Linda said...

W are so excited to have you as neighbors and ward members! We are keeping our fingers crossed.

clare said...

Em- yes!!! I am going to start yard selling too, so I may need some furniture re-finishing tips. You are gonna wish you hadn't extended that offer because I would love lots of help!

Eliza said...

Clare that's awesome!! I love the house it looks gorgeous! We will be praying it all goes as planned. Can't wait to see it in person.

Laura Swenson said...

Beautiful home, Clare... I hope it works out for you.

Laura said...

Clare...this is Laura (O'Rullian) Stewart. I was blog surfing and I saw your sister's blog and then I saw yours. What a beautiful house. I'm jealous! Well, I hope you don't mind if I stalk you once and awhile.:) Hope you are well! Tell Chris "hi" for me.