Saturday, May 17, 2008

Others' Trash is Now My Treasure!

Mom and I went yard selling this morning and I think I really hit the jackpot. I have been excitedly looking for furniture and decorative things for our future home (still waiting to hear from the bank negotiater handling the seller's short-sale process). My aesthetic is sort of "old world", Mediterranean-Tuscan, rustic (reds, yellows, olive greens, black). We found a lot of nice pieces ; I want to paint them to go along with my existing style and color pallete. I am hoping my sister Emily's offer to work her painting/decorating magic when she visits is still on the table; wink wink Em- hope these pics get your juices flowin!

This will probably go in the dining area. I would probably paint it a bronze/dark brown or a deep red/orange. Our dining set is distressed black, but I don't want everything too matchy. The tag for the original price of the cabinet is in the pic above...I got it for $40!


$5 for this cute display cabinet. I have no idea where I will put this (it's fairly big). If there is room I thought it would look so cute in the kitchen holding spices, cookbooks, etc. I want to paint it a rusty red or yellow.


I got this big, heavy dresser mirror for $35 and want to paint it distressed black to match my buffet and dining set we already own. I though it would look good (like they went together) on top of the buffet.


I got these gorgeous candle holders, the basket with leather straps, as well as some books, picture frames, a small clock, and a really cute wall hanging rack (like for hats or towels or anything) for $25 all together.

So my total was about $100 and I am very excited to work on these and make them my own treasures!

5 comments:

Mom/Linda said...

We make an excellent team!

emily w. said...

:::jealous:::You did so good. I would LOVE to help you make those pieces over while I'm there. I especially love that first cabinet with the wrought iron. I'm thinking a rusty red with a dark tobacco stain on top. I can see it now.

I'm still crossing my fingers about that house.

Unknown said...

I need to go yard selling with you guys! You and I kind of have the same taste in home decor, unfortunately most everything we own are hand me downs so they dont always fit the look I am going for. When you go to a yard sale you can pick your hand me downs. I do have to say we have got a couple really nice give always. I would definitely hit Em up when she is in town that woman has mad skills!

AubreAnn said...

freakin those things are ADORABLE! i need to hit up the sales w/ya. i love yard salin :0)

Anna K. said...

Hey! I found your blog! I love your yard sale find!