Monday, June 30, 2008

The Big Reveal!

I finished redoing my yard sale finds (with Emily's guidance) and I'm very pleased with the outcome! I used the same gold and rust colors to redo some other furniture we had and it looks really good- just don't have pics of those. The gold hutch will be a spice/oil rack in the kitchen. I painted a rolling breakfast cart we already had to match-very cute! The tall rust colored cabinet will be used for clothes in our bedroom- I had a little mini cabinet in the bedroom for jewelry/vanity stuff and I painted it the same color. The mirror will be hung in the dining area (it matches our dining set and buffet).

BEFORE and AFTER







P.S. EMILY WHITE- my computer crashes again evertime I try to look at your blog. I don't know what kind of fancy changes you have made but our computer doesn't like them!

8 comments:

emily w. said...

Girl...you're computer has issues! Even people with 10-year old PCs are able to view my blog. You might want to get that sorted out.

Great job on the furniture. I love the little cabinet. Especially the way you did the tiles and how you added "Rossetto". VERY CUTE!

I can't wait to see pictures of your new house.

Mom/Linda said...

I think you painted your name on the gold cabinet so that I wouldn't steal it! Everything turned out really cute!

Laura Swenson said...

Harvey and I wish we could find cute things like that at yard sales! We always find tools...for some reason...

Eliza said...

They all turned out so cute. Jake and Riley are both very proud that they "helped" with the spice cabinet. Super cute!!

Carl said...

Clare,

Nice job on the furniture. Emily is the furniture refinshing ninja.

I also have issues with viewing Emily's blog. My computer doesn't crash though, it just takes a long time to load and acts all jumpy when I try to scroll through her main page. I think it is a plot by Apple to try and get us all to convert!

Mom/Linda said...

Ditto to Carl's comment. I haven't wanted to complain, but...

Unknown said...

Very nice. I am so excited for you guys and cant wait to see your place!

KaufusiFamily said...

Hey Clare... you are so talented. I love the new looks. I am way excited for you guys and your new home.

by the way... I have issues with Emily's blog as well. I thought it was just me, but after I read yours.... I am feeling better. :)